We look forward to welcoming you to The Sussex Exchange!
Your attendance constitutes acceptance of our Terms and Conditions and we therefore recommend you read them carefully. It is your responsibility to check these restaurant and bar terms from time to time to ensure you are aware of any changes which may have been made. The Sussex Exchange maintains the right to cancel any reservation at its sole discretion in situations where it is deemed necessary to do so (such as to comply with applicable laws or as a result of circumstances beyond its control).
Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our Guest Experience Services on 01424 858461.
Restaurant Terms and Conditions
- The purpose of this document is to familiarise guests with the Terms & Conditions operated by The Sussex Exchange. We urge all guests to carefully study the contents of this document.
2. DINING RESERVATIONS
- The Sussex Exchange cannot guarantee specific table allocation, seating preferences and table configurations as requested by any guest(s). Allocations are completed daily by the appointed Duty Manager in line with our Safety & Fire Evacuation Policies. However, we will always endeavour to accommodate whenever possible.
- The consumption of third-party food and beverages anywhere within the premises is strictly forbidden. This also applies to birthday cakes, except for presenting a cake solely for celebration purposes and not consumption.
- We request that guest(s) arrive in a timely manner, preferably 5 minutes ahead of their bookings to ensure the best possible experience. If you are late, please notify our Guest Experience Services whom will maintain your reservation for a further 20 minutes. Beyond the afore mentioned timescales, the Management may re-allocate your table.
- During busy and peak periods, The Sussex Exchange operates allocated times slots. We request that guest(s) are mindful and compliant of the specified table return times if or where applicable and as stated above. Please note allocation times apply to the dining tables only. You are more than welcome to continue your visit in the Mia Lounge, Sun Terrace or any other available space.
- All table allocations in the Restaurant allow for two-hour slots.
- All Dining reservations require all guests to order a minimum of 1 main course with the exceptions of Tuesday - Thursday during lunchtimes.
- Guest(s) must notify us of any food related allergies and dietary requirements upon placing a reservation.
- We do not offer exclusivity or private hire of the restaurant, Bar and terraced areas. Despite catering for most parties, we do not concede weddings, wakes or equally large, themed parties.
- During weekend periods, The Sussex Exchange may offer entertainment such as music, DJ, acts etc consequently ambient sound levels may be elevated.
- The Sussex Exchange welcomes walk-in guest(s) nonetheless, unless pre-booked in advance, we cannot guarantee any availability. Placing a reservation ahead is highly advisable, especially during peak and busy periods. To check availability, please contact our Guest Experience Services on 01424 858461.
3. DRINKING ONLY RESERVATIONS
- In certain circumstances, a minimum spend may be required if or where applicable and as stated above. For more information, please contact our Guest Experience Services.
- The Sussex Exchange welcomes walk-in guest(s) nonetheless, unless pre-booked in advance, we cannot guarantee any availability. Placing a reservation ahead is highly advisable, especially during peak and busy periods. To check availability, please contact our Guest Experience Services.
4. CANCELLATIONS & AMENDMENTS
- For dining reservations of 8 guests or more a pre-order per individual guest will be required. Pre-orders must be received no later than 24 hours prior to arrival.
- For dining reservations of 8 guests or more we require a debit/credit card. Payments are not charged in advance. For all cancellations without 24 hours notice from the arrival date and for all non-attendance, a £10 fee per guest charge will be applicable, and subsequently debited from the card initially provided.
- To secure an Afternoon Tea reservation, we require a debit/credit card. Payments are not charged in advance. For all cancellations without 24 hours notice from the arrival date and for all non-attendance, a £10 fee per guest charge will be applicable, and subsequently debited from the card initially provided.
- All other booking amendments must be received no later than 24 hours prior to arrival.
- Failure to notify us of non-attendance on two or more occasions, will result in the rejection of any future reservations.
- All debit/credit card information is stored securely in compliance with PCI DSS and staff members do not have access to debit/credit card once entered onto our system.
5. ENTRY & ACCESS
- The Management team reserve the right to deny, refuse service or admittance and ejection of any guest(s) at any time and without any reason, explanation or prejudice.
- Under 18’s guest(s) must be accompanied by an adult at all times and must not be left unsupervised.
- Children from the ages of 14 or below are not permitted on the Sun Terrace after 8 pm.
- During weekend periods, from 9:30 pm, the restaurant & bar is strictly an over 18’s environment only.
- Guests under 18 years old are not permitted to consume alcohol on the premises.
- We reserve the right to request photographic identification (valid UK driving license or passport) at any time for age verification purposes. Bearing identification is compulsory on weekends to guarantee entry.
- No animals are permitted anywhere on the premises, except assistance dogs for those with disabilities.
- Access to the Mia Lounge will be exclusive to those who have dined with us. Access will be for those aged 18 and over. Photographic ID’s will be scanned prior to entry to the lounge, failure to pass the ID scan will result in a non-admission.
- Section 8 of the Terms & Conditions is also applicable in the Mia Lounge with regards to behaviour and conduct.
6. DRESS CODE POLICY
- The Sussex Exchange employ a smart casual attire policy throughout the centre.
- Tailored shorts and short sleeved shirts, smart t-shirts are permitted during fine weather. Please note, sports branded shorts and beachwear will not be permitted.
- Work wear & uniforms may be worn during weekday daytime (Monday through to Thursday) however they must be clean and presentable.
- Suitable footwear must always be worn. Smart trainers and loafers are permitted. Flip flops, sandals, Ugg boots and sliders are considered appropriate during fine weather, up until 5pm. Sandals and sliders are considered appropriate for dinner reservations providing they are not beachwear (plastic/ PVC alike) or branded with sports labels. Flip flops are never considered appropriate for dinner reservations, after 5pm, this includes sparkly and diamond studded flip flops. Crocs and wellington boots are never considered appropriate.
- Clothing considered as inappropriate attire such as football and rugby shirts etc are not permitted. Additionally, tracksuits, hoodies, sports caps and hats are also not permitted. Political, sporting and explicit displaying clothing are also considered inappropriate. Fancy dress or paraphernalia are also considered inappropriate.
- This is by no means an exhaustive list; however, it gives an indication of the standards expected. Should you require further guidance, please contact our Guest Experience Services 01424 858461.
- We reserve the right to request a search of any guest(s) at any time during their visit. This may extent to items such as bags, wallets and vehicles should it be on our property.
- CCTV monitoring takes place within our premises for the purposes of protecting our staff, property and the safety of our guests.
- You must not at any time leave any personal belongings such as bags etc unattended.
- You must not under any circumstances be in the possession of any offensive weapons or any items that may be deemed as a weapon.
- You have the legal right of refusal to any of the above processes, equally we reserve the right to refuse service, entry and eject any guest(s) at any time without any or further explanation.
8. GENERAL CONDUCT
- The Sussex Exchange employs a strict zero tolerance behavioural, drugs and illicit substances Policy. The possession or the influence of any illegal substances, will not be tolerated under any circumstances.
- Guests are reminded to be mindful and respectful of other guests and staff. Boisterous, aggressive, rudeness and offensive language patterns will not be tolerated under any circumstances.
- The Sussex Exchange operates a one-strike strict rule in conjunction with the above contents of this Conduct Policy. Should any guest(s) be conducting themselves in a distasteful manner, will result in their immediate ejection from the premises including an indefinite suspension without exceptions or prejudice. Industry partners and local authorities may also be notified.
9. CAR PARKING
- The Sussex Exchange offers over 80 car parking facilities situated at the front, side and rear of the building. Usage of car park facilities is strictly at the vehicle proprietor’s risk. The Sussex Exchange will not accept any liabilities for any damages, theft, loss or stolen property.
- Guests are welcomed to leave their vehicle overnight for a maximum period of 24 hours, however prior authorisation must be obtained; either in advance by contacting our Guest Experience Services on 01424 858461 or by visiting our Guest Experience Service Desk located on the ground floor at The Sussex Exchange.
- The Sussex Exchange operates a 24h on-site security team. In compliance with our Anti-terrorism Policy, any unauthorised vehicle on the property will be removed immediately. The Sussex Exchange will not accept any liabilities. The vehicle’s proprietor will remain liable for all costs incurred such as recovery fees etc.
10. CARRIAGE SERVICE
- On Friday and Saturday evenings the current carriage service will be running from 12pm on a first come first serve basis. This service only operates within a 10 mile radius and is offered at the discretion of The Sussex Exchange. Availability is not guaranteed.
- Terms and Conditions apply. Please enquire with the Guest Experience Team.
11. COMPLAINTS & FEEDBACK
- During busy and peak times and in rare circumstances, small delays in the service may arise, within reasons, these delays are considered acceptable and normal within our industry. Wherever possible, The Sussex Exchange Team will immediately notify guest(s) of such delays at the earliest possible opportunity, at which point, we will seek your acceptance and cooperation.
- In the unlikely event that you are dissatisfied with any aspect of your visit, guest(s) are expected to raise any issues instantaneously (during your visit) with your host at the time of checkback, or with a Manager on site prior to guest(s) departure. We will do our utmost in every circumstance to resolve any issues you may have.
- In the unlikely event that you need to evacuate the building due to a fire alarm or any other reason The Sussex Exchange will not be liable for any loss, damage to property or provide compensation or reimburse any food and drink.
- The Sussex Exchange reserves the right to make use of technologies such as CCTV, till reports, Emails, call recordings etc for the purpose of investigation and outcomes.
- The Sussex Exchange reserves the right and may reject any service-related disputes submitted later than 48 hours post guest(s) visit.
- The Sussex Exchange appreciates and welcomes every customer’s feedback, for any other matter, please contact our Head Office: firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. PAYMENTS & GIFT CARDS
- The Sussex Exchange accepts the following methods of payments, Visa, Mastercard, Apple Pay, American Express and cash payments.
- Redeeming gift cards are limited to 1 gift card per reservation. Please note: any remaining balances cannot be exchanged for cash or redeemed against the purchase of another card. Should a bill exceed the value permittable on a gift card, guest(s) are expected to settle any differences using the means of payment as stated above.
- Gift cards terms and conditions are still applicable in all circumstances. For more information, please visit www.thesussexexchange.co.uk/gift-card-terms-and-conditions.