Our current terms and conditions for the Sussex Exchange Restaurant can be downloaded as a PDF.
1. Table reservations allow a two-hour allocation to eat, after which they will be re-booked. Any table bookings with
ten or more guests will have an allocation of two and a half hours.
2. We respectfully ask that you are ready to be seated at the time of your reservation to ensure the best possible
level of service to all our guests. If you are running late, we kindly ask that you notify us by telephone at your earliest
3. We will hold your table for a maximum of twenty minutes if we have not previously been notified of your late
arrival. If you have notified us of your late arrival, it is at the discretion of the Duty Manager how long they will hold
your table after the twenty-minute time frame. On a Friday and Saturday evening due to the popularity of the
Restaurant, twenty minutes will be the maximum hold time.
4. Should you wish to have a drink prior to being seated, please arrive earlier or change your reservation to a later
time. You may continue your experience at the bar or on the terrace (weather permitting) for drinks after your meal.
5. You are only able to book ‘dining tables’ on the balcony or terrace (weather permitting). If you book a table on the
balcony or terrace and the weather changes we are unable to guarantee a table inside the Restaurant.
6. We do not allow the hire of the terrace or the restaurant.
7. For bookings of eight or more guests we require a Pre Order and a deposit of £10 per head. To take the deposit we
will require your card information. The information is secured with our table booking software. No payment is taken
in advance and we would only charge you if you did not turn up for your table, if you reduced the party numbers
without notification or cancelled within the 48-hour cancellation period.
8. If any of your guests have any allergy or dietary requirements, please ensure you make us aware on the date of
booking your table. Any requests made after this date, may result in changes not being accommodated.
9. If you would like to increase your party size, please contact Reception on 01424 858461 who will check for
availability. Any guests not confirmed on your booking prior to your arrival may be turned away as The Sussex
Exchange can only accommodate a limited number of guests in one sitting.
10. Due to the large number of requests, unfortunately we cannot guarantee window tables or specific areas when
taking reservations, but we will do our best to accommodate where possible. Your patience and understanding is
11. You are more than welcome to celebrate birthday and anniversary meals in the Restaurant however we do not
accept Wedding parties. Please contact the events team if you would like to celebrate your wedding at The Sussex
12. In the circumstance that you are unable to attend your table booking, please contact Reception at the soonest
possible time to cancel your table. Bookings with eight or more guests, we will require 48 hours’ notice of
cancellation. If a table is cancelled within the 48-hour time period, the deposit charge will be issued to the card on
file at the time of booking.
13. If on three separate occasions you do not arrive for your table without previously notifying us. Your contact
details will be saved and unfortunately, we will be unable to accommodate you in the future if you book with us.
14. Unfortunately we do not allow children onto the terrace after 7pm due to Health and Safety reasons. Well
behaved children are more than welcome in the Restaurant.
15. All visitors to The Sussex Exchange must not conduct themselves outside of the parameters as detailed in the
Standards and Behaviour Policy located on our website. Duty Managers reserve the right to ask any customer to
leave the premises at any time.